Did you know that you could be spending double the amount you need to in order to heat and cool your home? Here's what you need to know:
Most of the total energy used in a home or business goes toward maintaining the temperature. But the wrong roofing insulation material could be costing you by failing to maintain a comfortable temperature, despite your HVACs’ best efforts. That’s because poorly insulated roofs allow half of the heat in a home or business in the winter (and cool air in the summer). Thus, wasted energy means you pay a higher utility bill and likely never feel comfortable.
The Simple Solution
Fortunately, the right insulation materials that prevents heat loss and every part of the house or business, including the roof, are readily available. With the right selection and expert installation, you can soon see your energy bills cut by almost half.
The insulation in your roof functions like a protective blanket. Sandwiched between the roof’s surface and the roof deck, the insulation is used to impede the transfer of heat. That’s especially important when the outside temperature dips in our Utah winters.
A bonus line of protection is when the right insulation is coupled with new cool roofing technology. Together, they significantly reduce the cost of moderating the temperature in your business or home – no matter what the season.
The thought of significantly reducing your energy bills is enough motivation to ensure your roof is properly insulated. But that’s not the only benefit doing so offers. Below are additional advantages of ensuring appropriate insulation for your home or business structure:
• Increased fire rating: Reducing the amount of energy needed to maintain your home or business structure’s temperature reduces wear on your HVAC system. Less wear means less potential to catch fire, which increases your fire rating. And that gives you yet another financial benefit by reducing your insurance for your home or business structure.
• Reduced carbon “footprint”: By using less energy, you’re reducing your impact on the environment.
• Reduced mold: Some types of roofing insulation can help keep mold from forming in your home or business structure.
• Reduced condensation: Because proper roofing insulation keeps your home or building structure’s temperature even, this prevents your HVAC from overworking and generating condensation.
• Reduced roof deck expansion and contraction: The outside of your home also benefits from appropriate roof insulation. The consistent internal temperature of your home or business structure helps keep your roof deck from expanding and contracting as much – which extends the life of our roof.
Vertex Roofing SLC, UT for All Your Roofing Needs
When considering a new roof, don’t overlook the value insulation plays in the longevity of your home or business structure. We, at Vertex Roofing Contractors, are happy to put our 15 years of experience to work to help you decide what would fit best. We offer free estimates with a 24-hour quick turnaround. Special financing is also available for 60 months on approved credit.
For more information on how our licensed contractors who are insured can help you, contact us by calling (801) 639-0477 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to stop by our office anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday-Saturday. We’re located at 3565 S. West Temple #8, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Latest posts by vertexroofing (see all)
- Lessen Your Stress with a Certified Roofing Contractor - February 5, 2018
- How Snow and Ice Impact Your Roof - January 21, 2018
- 5 Common Roofing Problems in Winter - January 21, 2018