There exist many roofing options for homeowners in the Salt Lake City, Utah who are looking to roof or reroof at an affordable cost. Different types of roofing have different cost implications, durability, aesthetics, and techniques. Asphalt roofing is one of the most cost-effective and readily available solutions. Vertex Roofing is the premier suppliers of roofing material in the highly competitive residential and commercial roofing market in Utah. As the experts, we can tell you that while asphalt is not as versatile as premium materials like clay tiles or metal, it affordably provides lots of the needed functionality.
What Are Asphalt Shingles?
Asphalt roofing or shingle is a type of roofing that uses asphalt material for roof protection and waterproofing. It is one of the most popular and widely used roofing materials in Utah because it has low up-front costs and is relatively straightforward to install. The materials used in the manufacture of asphalt roofing include fiberglass and a formerly living organic base.
Types of Asphalt Roofing
There are several types of asphalt shingles. The asphalt or modified asphalt is applied to one or both sides of the roofing. The asphalt is then covered with mica, talc, or sand on the inside or quartz, schist, ceramic granules on the outside to prevent the shingles from sticking to each other before use. The average size of an asphalt roofing piece is 12 to 36 inches.
Benefits of Asphalt Shingles
- Cost: By far the biggest benefit of asphalt roofing to our clients is its relatively small overall cost. It’s the most affordable roofing option available to most homeowners. In fact, it costs significantly less than most of its peers and competing alternatives in the market.
- Versatility: Asphalt roofing can provide protection to your home for between 12 to 20 years. This is a relatively high value for the price, which is an added benefit for homeowners who choose it. Asphalt is also not as thick as some of its alternatives and can withstand a high degree of stress and adverse weather conditions, making it a good midpoint between weight and durability.
- Installation: It’s also easy for our technicians to install since there are no special tools, techniques, skills, consideration, or significant preparation work required on our part during the installation. Therefore, not only are you able to access high-quality labor, but the job will also take a very short period to complete. Often, a typical home can be fully installed in a matter of days.
- Variety and Designs: Asphalt roofing is not only affordable, it also exists in a variety of styles and designs. There exists the 3-Tab, Laminated, and premium. They are manufactured in nearly all colors and patterns and can be custom made to your specification.
- Material Costs: Asphalt roofing will remain a go-to roofing option for the foreseeable future in Salt Lake City, Utah. The retail price for a 25-year 3-tab asphalt shingle is about $28 per bundle plus tax. You will need about three bundles per square foot. So the total price is about $80 per square. For the architectural variety, the cost price jumps to about $130 per square.
- Eco-Friendly: These asphalt roofing types are made from various cellulose fibers like wood fibers and recycled waste paper. The cellulose fibers are then saturated with a specially formulated asphalt coating. This makes it a very eco-friendly material to use.
Contact us Today for Your Asphalt Roof Installation!
If you're ready to take the next step, call us today! We can meet all your roofing needs, whether commercial, residential, industrial, roof replacements or inspections, and many different kinds of repair and maintenance, including asphalt roof repair and cleaning. We also offer a full 50-year quality guarantee on all work we do and multiple roofing warranties. Contact us here, or call 801-447-5412 today for a free roof inspection, or to schedule your roofing project today.