Although natural slate roofing is beautiful, it is extremely heavy, expensive, and the natural stone becomes brittle over time. This makes them susceptible to cracking due to the impact from being stepped on or being hit by hailstones or other debris material.
Fortunately, Vertex Roofing offers various roofing shingles that replicate the look of natural slate roofing. Our slate roofing shingles are made of high-quality asphalt that captures the appeal and beauty of slate at a fraction of the cost.
- Well-experienced and certified professionals
- High-quality workmanship
- Free written estimates
- 0% financing
- Excellent warranty
What are the Advantages of Synthetic Slate Roof Shingles?
By opting for a composite version of a tile slate roof, you have the beauty of wood or slate, but the durability and strength of composite materials. Comparable benefits of composite roofs include:
- Durability: The long life expectancy of composites saves replacement costs. Wood shingles typically need replacement every 15 - 20 years, whereas a composite roof can be expected to last from 30 -50 years.
- Resistance: Composition roofs are more impact and fire resistant than traditional roofs. And, composite shingles do not split, crack, warp, or peel. Additionally, manufacturers add protectants to make composite roofs resist UV degradation, algae and moss growth.
- Affordability: Composition shingles are comparatively very affordable. 3-tab shingles are among the most affordable roofs of any type. Additionally, composite shingles are easier to replace, which can significantly reduce repair costs.
- Variety: Composite shingles come in a great range of colors, textures, and styles, allowing homeowners to select a roof design to ideally complement the architectural character and curb appeal of their home.
- Warranty: Because composite roofs are more durable than others, they carry a warranty of 30 - 50 years, or an even lifetime on high-grade versions. Traditional roofs of most other kinds typically come with a guarantee of 15 - 20 years.
Varieties of Composite Slate Shingles
Our contractors install both single-width and multi-width varieties of synthetic slate shingles. The composite slates are also available in a wide range of colors to match your home and give it a perfect accented appearance. The slates are available in sizes of 6, 9, and 12 inches. The slates also have a ½” nominal thickness that makes them appear authentic and improves their overall appearance.Our trusted contractors also install hip and ridge accessories to your roof so that they can better enhance the natural slate appearance of the composite slate roof.
Composite Slate Performance Certifications
- Passed UL testing for 110 MPH wind resistance.
- Transferable Guarantee limited to 50 years.
- Class 4 Impact Resistance score.
- UL Class A fire resistance score (with accepted underlayment).
- Superior fade resistant (UV) surface technology.
- ASTM D3161 wind resistance.
Virtually Unlimited Color Palette
Our Vertex Roofing professional contractors install slates that are available in a wide range of colors. These colors are set to match different varieties of natural slates. At Vertex Roofing, we use proprietary technology to produce blending shades of color for our single-width tiles. You can blend the slate colors to fit your style using our color pallet.
How Much Does a Synthetic Slate Roof Cost?
The cost to install synthetic slate roofing will depend on what material you choose, how large your roof is, the slope and pitch. Synthetic shingles are much cheaper to install than traditional wood, or tiles made of slate, ceramic, or clay. To find out how much a faux slate roof will cost, contact us for a free on-site estimate!
How Long Do Slate Roof Shingles Last?
Life expectancy for slate roofs range from 20 to 40 years, or a lifetime, depending on various factors, including the manufacturing quality grade of shingles purchased, proper installation and maintenance, and climate, among others. So roofs constructed with synthetic shingles can be expected to last longer than wood roofs and as long or longer than rubber, metal, and other roofs made from other non-synthetic materials.
Contact Vertex Roofing Contractors in SLC Utah for a FREE Slate Roofing Bid
We at Vertex Roofing believe that a slate roof should be as durable and reliable as it is beautiful. Our experience that spans over 20 years has led us to recommend installing synthetic slate roofing to people who wish to have the breathtaking classic appearance of a roof made from natural slate but want to avoid its shortcomings. Our experienced roofing contractors carefully install our composite slate roofing tiles to match the craftsmanship that is depicted on a natural slate. We offer a broad range of services for residential, commercial, and industrial roofing needs. We simplify the process of working with us to best serve our customers' convenience.