When the shingles on your roof are damaged or missing, due to age or weather, it is critical for you to replace them as soon as possible by doing a roof tear-off or overlay . Every day that you wait to replace your shingles, you are risking extensive water damages and an ever-increasing repair bill.
Our experienced roofing contractors at Vertex Roofing can help you with maintenance, inspections, or the replacement of the shingles on your Utah home.
Get FREE Roof Replacement Estimate Today!
Professional Shingle Replacement Certified ExpertsReplacing your shingles as soon as you notice a problem is the best way to prevent expensive damage to your home. If you notice any of these issues with your home, it may be a good idea to consult a roofing specialist:
- There is a noticeable sag in the roofline;
- The textured shingles have become smooth, or you discover the granules from the shingles in your gutters;
- Your shingles are buckling, curling or missing, or
- You can see daylight through your roof.
Choosing the Right Shingles For Your Utah HomeThere are a lot of facts to consider before deciding on the right shingles for your home. You need to consider a wide range of parameters including appearance, performance, ease of installation, and costs associated with each type of option. It is always a good idea to speak with a professional roofing consultant to learn about the pros and cons of each type of shingle.
There are several popular types of shingles:
- Various wooden shingles add a beautiful, classic look to older homes. Wooden shingles are more expensive to purchase and install. They can last between 30 to 50 years.
- Asphalt shingles are a popular and inexpensive option for roofing. Asphalt shingles are common choices for many homeowners; Asphalt shingles can last up to 30 years.
- Composite shingles are a strong, durable option that come with a lifespan of up to 50 years, however, they are generally a more expensive option.
CertainTeed Roofing Shingles
At Vertex Roofing, we are certified as a Premier Contractor through CertainTeed's Integrity Roof System™. We hold most major roofing certifications that are available for contractors in Salt Lake City and beyond. Explore some of the incredible CertainTeed roofing products that we install:
Landmark® Shingles: The ability of Landmark® shingles to mimic true wood shake makes it one of the most popular shingles on the market. CertainTeed Landmark® shingles also offer the widest array of possible CertainTeed roofing color schemes in their class, which provides you with a tremendous range of customization options. The dual-layer design and rigorous manufacturing standards of CertainTeed Landmark® roof shingles have been an industry leader for more than 100 years, and they are backed by a limited lifetime warranty. Here are some of the additional features you can expect from Landmark® shingles:
- Dual-layered design provides the ultimate protection from the elements
- 10-year StreakFighter® warranty for algae resistance
- Certified as an industry leader in manufacturing standards
- Class A fire resistance rating
- Wide range of CertainTeed Landmark colors
- CertainTeed shingles warranty
Patriot Shingles: The advanced color technology of CertainTeed Patriot shingles creates the illusion of a multi-layered roof on a smart, affordable single-layer asphalt sheet. CertainTeed Patriot shingles are backed by a 30-year warranty against defects, so you can confidence in knowing that your roof will last for years to come. Here are some added benefits of CertainTeed patriot roof shingles:
- More durable and provide greater resistance to the elements than standard strip shingles
- An industry leader in the strip shingle class
- Certified by Underwriter Laboratories as compliant with industry standards for resistance to fire, wind and tear resistance
- 10-year StreakFighter® warranty for algae resistance
- Several CertainTeed Patriot colors to choose from
- CertainTeed roofing warranty
3-Tab Roofing Shingles
3-Tab Roofing Shingles: Traditional 3-Tab roofing shingles from CertainTeed are a tried and true industry favorite. 3-Tab shingles function by allowing water to run off to the shingle below. They are an asphalt-based roofing shingle that comes with a 20-, 25-, or 30-year warranty. The price of 3-Tab roofing shingles and installation methods will vary depending on the length of the warranty. CertainTeed 3-Tab roofing shingles can be installed by Vertex Roofing Contractors in a wide range of CertainTeed shingle color styles to match the decor and design aesthetic of your home.
GAF Roofing ShinglesOur professional roofing contractors in Utah install four different types:
- Three-Tab Roofing Shingles are an option for homeowners with a limited budget. These shingles offer a classic look and are great for matching the look of another building on your property. However, They are a sub par quality comparison to the more typical architectural grade shingles.
- Timberline ® Lifetime Roofing Shingles are a top-selling single brand in North America. These affordable shingles are available in designer colors and enhance the appearance of a home. Timberline Ultra HD® Singles line is manufactured to have the appearance of wood shingles, but come with a lifetime warranty.
- Specialty Lifetime Roofing Shingles are resistant to denting and help to lower a home's energy bill. They come with a lifetime warranty.
- Designer Lifetime Roofing Shingles add a high-end designer look to a home while maintaining an extremely durable construction. They come with a lifetime warranty.
Owen's Corning ShinglesOwen’s Corning shingles are among the premier shingles on the market. Owen’s Corning Duration Shingles will last for years when taken care of properly. Owen’s Corning asphalt shingles are among the premier options on the market. There are a number of benefits that everyone should consider that include:
- Wind Resistance: Wind damage is one of the main causes of shingle damage. High winds even have the potential to blow shingles right off the roof, leading to interior damage. Owen's Corning uses a specialized sealant that helps shingles resist high winds. Their shingles have been certified by the industry to meet or exceed wind resistance shingles. Their shingles are typically rated to stand up to wind speeds in excess of 130 MPH, which is the equivalent of a major hurricane.
- Sure Nail Technology: There is a difference between Owen’s Corning roofing products and the alternatives on the market. The difference is the SureNail technology. This is a unique application that comes from Owen's Corning that uniquely combines strength and durability into the shingles on the roof. There is a unique fabric strip that comes with every shingle that leads to outstanding gripping capabilities. This is a breakthrough design that not only improves wind resistance but also provides three layers of protection to every home. Sure Nail technology is one of the major differences with Owen's Corning technology.
- The Color of the Shingles: Owen's Corning invests in a unique color design platform that has been trademarked to capture bright and vibrant hues that bring out the aesthetic appeal of every home. These shingles include multiple colors and shadows to provide each home with an extraordinary look that cannot be matched by any other brand.
- Protection Against Algae: Finally, Owen’s Corning warranty and technology even protect against algae growth. It is important for everyone to guard against algae that would otherwise damage the exterior of the home. Owen's Corning uses copper in its shingles that resists the growth of algae. Inhibit the growth of ugly black streaks that can damage the exterior of a home using the technological prowess of Owen's Corning shingles. Find an Owen’s Corning certified roofing contractor who knows how to maximize the benefits of these powerful shingles.