Who doesn't love the look of wood shingles? Who can resist standing in awe of the deep grains and color variances of something so natural? However wood shingles fallible beauty comes with a cost, and have some disadvantages. They need maintenance to protect them from mold, fungus, and sun. They are also vulnerable to fire. Natural wood shingles don’t hold up well to nature. Over a short time, they weather, crack, fade, shift and lose that initial rustic elegance that you fell in love with. They can become a safety hazard, leak hazard, fire hazard and can even impact your insurance rates.
Fortunately, there’s a solution to get the look of wood shingles and the durability of asphalt roofing with asphalt wood shingles!
The Smart Alternative to Natural Wood - Asphalt Wood Shingle Roof
Our experienced roofing contractors install a line of synthetic shake shingles that beautifully mimic the eco-friendly, rustic allure of real wood shingles like cedar — minus the many negatives of natural wood shingles. Our shingles use cutting-edge design techniques to create shake shingles that look like real wood. Our asphalt wood shingles are reminiscent of carefully crafted rustic wood with a smooth finish. Attractive and durable, our cedar shakes are available to you in either single- or multi-width options.
Benefits of Asphalt Wood Shingles
- Low Maintenance. Our asphalt wood shingles are extraordinarily low maintenance because you don't have to seal them, worry about termites, woodpeckers or carpenter bees drilling away or endure as much damage due to moisture and rot.
- Durable. Our wood shingles have higher resistance to impact damage, splintering, mold, mildew, algae and corrosion.
- Price. Our wood shingles are a more affordable option when compared with wood shingles.
- Storm Resistant. Our wood shingles are designed and installed to be protective against the elements, such as rain, wind, branch or hail impact. This is due to their ability to direct these weather-related influences away from themselves through lower resistance to them.
- Lightweight. Our wood shingles are lighter weight without sacrificing strength to protect your home.
- Appearance. For those who love the rustic look of natural wood, but would like to avoid the drawbacks, our wood shingles provide an aesthetic appeal like no other.
- Environmental Friendliness. Because our wood shingles are more durable with lower maintenance costs, they have more aspects that are environmentally friendly when compared to shingles made with other materials.
- Adaptability in designs. Our wood shingles offer a range of colors with your choice in edging, allowing you to produce unique and alluring shingle designs through adjusting the shape, size and application process.
You can feel good about your roofing choice not only because you’ll love the way they look; but because they’re an eco friendly choice. Vertex Roofing has been installing shingles on Utah homes and businesses since 2009. We would love to help you with your project.
Vertex Roofing Contractors Can Install Faux Weathered Wood Shingles
Choosing the right roof for your home or business can be challenging because there are many factors to consider. Our professional certified roofers at Vertex Roofing would love to answer any questions you have and help you find your ideal roof. Our experienced roofing contractors in Utah at Vertex Roofing have been helping homeowners and businesses replace, repair, and maintain their roofs throughout the greater Salt Lake City since 2009.